2019 Annual Retro - Building a Personal Flywheel
People are fond of making plans. I'm fond of listing what worked.
People are fond of making plans. I am fond of evalauting what worked in the days gone by. With that, I’m able to stack strengths towards success.
Here is the review for 2019.
What I learned this year
- I still love coding. There is no other activity in which I am so engrossed that I forget to watch time
- There are genuine shortcuts available to success
- Public speaking is an easier form of building your brand at scale
- For networking to work for you, you need to work for your network
- My personal flywheel is WINS - wealth, insights, network, and self-care
Summary of the year:
- Travelled to Dubai with family.
- Drove to Talwandi Sabo.
- Coded for a year starting from last July and learned Golang, Vue, and Tachyons.
- Read 14 books.
- Delivered 16 talks (10 of them were messages in Church).
- Started sketching as an experiment and sketched 15 sketches.
- Wrote 18 posts here.
- Taught storytelling and video editing to my boys. Their YouTube channel has more subscribers than mine.
- Started a local book discussion club. We met once a month.
- Started writing book reviews of local newspaper - Chandigarh Tribune. Wrote 3 book reviews already.
- Started a coaching program “WINS for Gravitas”
- Membership economy by Robbie Kellman Baxter
- Smartcuts by Shane Snow (If you are going to read one book from this list, read this)
- In pursuit of His wisdom by RT Kendall
- Comedy Writing Secrets by Mark Shatz
- 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
- Mastering digital business by Nicolas D Evans
- The Big Nine by Amy Webb
- The Bitcoin Saga by Rachna Singh
- Futurescaping by Tamar Kasriel
- How I almost blew it by Siddarth Rao (Read my notes)
- Networking like a pro by Ivan Misner (Read my notes)
- The Goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt
- Alchemy by Rory Sutherland
- On Purpose Person by Kevin W. McCarthy
- Don’t ignore little beginnings at OakRidge Internation School, Mohali
- What you can learn from Apple and Amazon about building your career at Gulzar Group of Institutes, Punjab
- You can beat the giants at Karunya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
- Workshop on Lean Canvas for student entrepreneurs as part of ‘TiE Young Entrepreneurs’. Video
- Importance of quality in global competition at Chandigarh Management Association learning session
- Only the innovative teams thrive at Signicent
- Being 30, 60, 100 times fruitful
- Kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power
- You have a big stone in life. God can roll it back
- Building Your Church - 3 Lessons from Acts
- Putting away childish things and growing in the Lord
- Three ways to support your pastor
- 1 + 1 = 10
- What is gift of prophecy?
- Anticipated End
- Three attributes of God the Father
- My Focus
- Roadmap to CTO office
- PASTOR framework
- Book Notes: Smartcuts
- WINS for meaningful life
- Building Wealth
- Book Notes: Industries of the future
- Message to Garcia
- Lean Canvas
- Traits of CXO
- How to pick great stocks
- Learn to learn
- How to increase your professional value?
- How to know your customers more?
- Do you swing as a pendulum emotionally
- You can beat the giants - My address to Karunya Students
- I coded for a year. Here are ten lessons
- What are your mantras for life?
- Thriving with WINS
- Topics that interest me now
- Book Notes - Networking like a Pro
- Book Notes - How I almost blew it
- I’m replacing Evernote with Joplin, a multi-platform, open source note taking application
- Podcasts I listen
- Teaching storytelling to kids
- Why Indian developers struggle to write quality code and what can be done about it?
- I used Android for ten months, and I don’t like it
- Workshop on Lean Canvas for TiE Young Entrepreneurs, Chandigarh
- Book Notes - Smartcuts
- Are you a Rowan?
- Importance of quality in global competition
- If you are not part of the solution, you are a problem
- Thanks & Sorry. Say them before it is too late.
Book Reviews Published in Chandigarh Tribune
Retros of the earlier years
I’ve been publishing annual reviews almost every year. You can read them to understand the journey I’ve come through.
Under: #retro , #flywheel , #frameworks