Be a Problem Solver
All blog posts on problem solving#problem-solving
This page lists all the blog posts on the ‘Be a Problem Solver’ series categorized under different headings.
- Ten Commandments of a Problem Solver : If you want to have a high success rate in solving problems, live by simple rules.
- Don’t frown upon problems :The basic tenet of knowledge industry is, problems aren’t one of the things to deal with; it is the only thing to deal with; so learn to deal with it .
- Don’t Fail to Ask ‘What is The Problem?’ : How can a problem be solved effectively if the problem is not fully understood? So go on asking questions until problem is clear.
- How Ideologies Impact Problem Solving? : Ideologies of team members greatly impact problem solving. In fact it can impact the way a problem is perceived.
- Aim For Success; Not For Perfection : Hunt for a workable solution within the existing configuration of the system.
- Don’t Polarize; Maintain a Balance : Business world is fond of polarization. Especially so when solving problems. Let us see why we tend to polarize.
- Is Problem Solving Tying Us To The Past? : The phrase problem solving may sound like being tied to the past. But if you want a better future, be a better problem solver.
- Don’t Replace Backbone With A Wishbone : Are you wishing for your situations to be transformed magically? Magic only happens to those who step out of their wishing zone.
- Talk Their Language : Are you communicating your solution in a way your client can understand?
- Is Problem Solving an Art or Science?: Can you analyze a situation objectively and arrive at a solution statistically? What about handling associated people issues?
- Don’t Torture Context To Fit Your Solution: Study the problem within its context before applying your favorite solution.
Tools, Techniques, Frameworks etc.
- An Overview of SODAS Problem Solving Methodology : An overview of SODAS (situation, options, disadvantages, advantages, solution), a simple methodology to solve business problems.
- The McKinsey Way : Learn how experts handle business problems.
- A Dedicated Blog On Problem Solving : A dedicated blog called Powerful Problem Solving by Arnaud Chevallier - a researcher, a management consultant and a dean.
- Rich Repository of Business Cases: It is impossible to shadow executives in various industries to know every challenges they face. Thats where business cases come in handy.